Sunday, July 13, 2008

Midnight Summer Dream


This kind of photos is highly unusual of me... mainly because I'm not a particular fan of "Photoshopping" too much. I like to adjust some color levels, brightness, contrast, sometimes do some sepia or B&W, and that's about it.
So here was my personal challenge of the day: to produce a photo that looked "Photoshopped" but isn't... apart from color levels. ;-) It's nice to experiment around, and this time I experimented with someone's, errrr, random water hose ;-) I'm not really sure whether I like this photo or not, I think it needs to grow on me. What do you think?

(Ponte de Lima, Portugal)

4 comments:

ae said...

Luísa, gosto bastante da foto!

a sensação de "festa" está toda lá!

Luísa Lima said...

Obrigada Ana :-) Como sou um bocado purista a nível de efeitos, nem sempre gosto deste estilo de fotos... Mas esta não precisou de efeitos em cima ;-)
Aguardo ansiosamente a continuação da tua "trilogia equestre" :-)

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Luisa, I like the way you have focused on the water droplets and the depth of field (focus) falling off behind it. It looks like you were shooting at a hot time of the day when the sun was high. Very different and I must say it has an appeal to me. Keep experimenting, I have learned a lot since joining our forums and know you will too.

((((Hugs))))

Lori

equusluminous said...

Simply amazing!